AndroidChat celebrates its 2000th member, a few great tips to help you with your layouts and is Apple likely to be fined for protecting user data?
Top content in #development
- Uncle Bob’s - The Clean Architecture - shared by aki
Uncle Bob shares his wisdom on clean architecture by describing a single actionable architecture he calls, the clean architecture.
- PercentRelativeLayout - shared by alexander.thiele
Subclass of RelativeLayout that supports percentage based dimensions and margins. You can specify dimension or a margin of child by using attributes with “Percent” suffix.
- LinearLayoutManager - shared by damien5314
A RecyclerView.LayoutManager implementation which provides similar functionality to ListView.
Top content in #policy
- France could fine Apple €1m unless it hacks smartphones - shared by bluecup
France will consider a law that would impose fines of €1 million on Apple and Google if they refused to hack into smartphones belonging to terrorists.
- Hack Brief: Last Year’s IRS Hack Was Way Worse Than We Realized - shared by kv87
When the IRS first reported a hack that exposed taxpayer accounts’ vulnerable information, it pegged the number of affected people at a little over 100,000. Today, in its second upward revision, the number of affected people now stands at over 700,000.
- Federal judge: Apple doesn’t have to unlock iPhone in N.Y. case - shared by we-build-peter
The ruling is likely to bolster Apple’s resistance in California to a separate FBI request that the company help investigators circumvent security features on an iPhone used by one of the terrorists in the San Bernardino shootings.
Top content in #beginners
- SDP - a scalable size unit - shared by damien5314
An Android SDK that provides a new size unit - sdp (scalable dp). This size unit scales with the screen size. It can help Android developers with supporting multiple screens.
- ScalableLayout for Android - shared by newguyingeneral
Just one layout for every different Android device size! ScalableLayout is a new layout that helps you keep a consistent UI across any screen size and any layout size.
Top content in #hangout
- Twitter: Google developers - shared by zmarkan
Google Developers Twitter counts down the days to Google I/O 2016.
- Youtube: Announcing the Raspberry Pi 3 - shared by andreasbackx
The Raspberry Pi 3 is 10x faster than the original Raspberry Pi single board computer, includes built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, and is still only $35 USD.
- AndroidChat Weekly 1 - shared by nish
The best dang AndroidChat newsletter on the planet. With all the best links shared by some very beautiful people.
Comic strip of the week